10K... check!
I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but I don't have a life until after May 28, as I live and breathe the Greece event...It's been a crazy couple of weeks. And I've had some out of town visitors, too... Casey came down from Boston over St. Patty's weekend (yes, she wasn't thinking about the fact that it was St. Patty's and she left Boston...) and it was a fun girls night out! My oldest friend Doris (not that she's old, but I have literally known her my entire life) was in town for business the week after that, so we proceeded to stuff ourselves at Clyde's - yum! Otter was in town for business last week, and we made our significant others jealous by having sushi in Georgetown. And now - Steve is currently in the DC area, looking for a job. Fingers crossed that something comes his way soon...
Last, but certainly not least... another race under my belt. Saturday was the Ukrop's Monument 10K in Richmond - 20,000 participants, 80 degree weather and high humidity - let's just say that at every mile marker for the first four miles, I didn't think I would cross the finish line. But there were neighbors with sprinklers, junior high cheerleading squads, local bands, and Steve cheering me on at mile 5, and I knew I had to keep going. I felt awesome when I crossed the finish line at 1:12:38. A little bit slower than I was hoping for, but given the conditions, pretty darn good for placing 9531 out of 16,460 runners. (Yes, Steve kicked my pokey butt, finishing in 51 minutes.) And of course, what better way to reward yourself after 6.2 miles than a good house party? Thanks to Bill and Veronica for hosting a great night (and letting us crash on the LovSac)!
Spring is in the air... just another week of the cherry blossoms here. The GW Parkway race is in two weeks (5K), and the Sallie Mae 10K is in three. I'm tempted by Nate's suggestion of the 7.5 miler in Boston in June. It's actually probably a good idea, as I continue to build to the half-marathon... Casey, are you still up for the Boston one in October?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home